Wednesday 21 November 2012

Development Blues

I purchased my android license for Unity3d a game engine I've been working with for the last few months at SIT. Now that study has subsided for the year I'm going to be developing a game for mobile phones and making my legendary weapon in Guild Wars 2 ( I think the game will be done before I end up crafting the weapon ). 

Now I'm not a professional, I don't really know what I'm doing because this is the first phone application I'll be making, everything else I used Unity for has been PC orientated.

I didn't want to start the blog with bad news but life has other plans or at least my computer does. After installing the Java JRE update for the Android SDK it shat itself (currently posting from my partners computer). Regardless the formatting is done, just updating now so I'll be back in business soon.

I don't know if I should use Java or C# when programming. A lot of the tutorials have been for Java, I'm not sure if this is a personal choice or if android needs to have Javascript. I guess we'll find out soon.

Thanks for checking out my shitty blog xD I'll be working on a video that will have a lot of information about the game and what I'm aiming for. This blog will be about my trials, fails and eventual successes.

If you have any information that could help me :P leave a comment! I'll see you next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment